Recap: FireKeepers Casino 400
- Clint Bowyer gets the win.
- Bugga goes for two tires. Clint holds Harvick off for two laps.
- Clint Bowyer tweet Monday:
- End of Stage 1, NASCAR doesn’t open pit road.
- NASCAR’s Richard Buck said this is not unusual
- Audio (2:43) — Richard Buck explains stage protocol
- Race was rain-delayed and rain shortened
- What do we think of NASCAR’s calls this weekend on the rain?
- Both days forecast said we wouldn’t race
- Both races seemed rushed to try to get halfway.
- Got both races in but barely.
- Is it better to run a shortened race on the scheduled day or run the full race a day later?
Recap: Xfinity Series LTi Printing 250
- Austin Dillon gets the win
- Second week in a row with the new Aero package. What did we think?
- 2019 Xfinity and Gander Outdoors Truck Schedules Released
- Additional races for Kenseth this season:
- JGR teams busted with bad splitters
- Chevrolet Issues
- Kyle Larson said there aren’t issues.
- Audio (1:04) — Kyle Larson says Chevrolets are not at a disadvantage
- All Star package in the Cup series
- Brad Keselowski is not in favor of the package
- Audio (4:13) — Brad Keselowski says best drivers will find another sport
- Mark Martin was on hand at MIS and also spoke out against the package
- Audio (5:02) — Mark Martin says nothing wrong with racing now
- Steve O’Donnell said on SiriusXM this week that people are getting bent up about nothing — there are NOT plans to run this package every week, but there is talk of picking a few tracks to run it at.
- Thoughts on this? Should they leave the Cup series alone?
- Other random observations from MIS this weekend.
- Shoutouts if any
- Plug the fantasy league
- Plug Patreon
- Where can we be found on social media?
- James @jameskuch on Twitter
- Eric @TSuperspeedway on Twitter
- Facebook @ TheSuperSpeedway
For more of the podcast:
- Website address: www.thesuperspeedway.com
- Podcasts will be found on there as well.
- Find us on iTunes, Google Play and Soundcloud