Recap: Camping World Truck Series and Xfinity races at Iowa
- Good races both days
- Trucks: Noah Gragson tries the Carl Edwards video game move for the win.
- Xfinity: Allgaier leads a ton of laps but holds off charges for the win
- Larson says on Twitter he’ll race World of Outlaws full time before he’s 40.
- Like, all the teams are testing the Charlotte Roval in July
- NASCAR has begun giving details about how title sponsorship will work after Monster leaves
New segment: Do we care?
- This is a segment we will try to do every week on the podcast. We’ll take something a bunch of people are talking about or something not many people are talking about and discuss whether we care about it and whether the fans should care about it.
- During this weekend’s races at Iowa, Fox saved money by not having their main broadcasters travel to the event. Instead, they announced the race from a studio in Charlotte. The pit reporters were at the track, but Vince Welch, Adam Alexander, Michael Waltrip, etc., were not there for the race.
Preview: Toyota/Save Mart 350 from Sonoma Raceway
- James: Kurt Busch
- Eric: Clint Bowyer
- Eric: Daniel Suarez
- James: Michael McDowell
- Shoutouts if any
- Plug the fantasy league
- Plug Patreon
- Where can we be found on social media?
- James @jameskuch on Twitter
- Eric @TSuperspeedway on Twitter
- Facebook @ TheSuperSpeedway
For more of the podcast:
- Website address: www.thesuperspeedway.com
- Podcasts will be found on there as well.
- Find us on iTunes, Google Play and Soundcloud
Recap of the Southern 500 at Darlington
- Hamlin Wins – Almost gives it away!
- We now know the win was encumbered
- What does this mean?
- Loss of 25 Driver/Owner Points
- Mike Wheeler is gone for 2 races, including the start of the Playoffs
- Truex another strong showing without a win
- James theory about not closing races keeps him from wanting to take Truex for Homestead
- An abrasive track surface makes for tire wear and more passing. Who would have thought?
- Richard Petty gets the black flag
- Suarez loses Subway after NBC segment with Dunkin Donuts
- Austin Cindric vs Kaz Grala finish at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
- Was Austin in the right or the wrong?
Silly Season Discussion
Playoff Picture heading into Richmond
- It’s cut and dry. Guys just have to win.
- Will the race be crazy? What do we think
- Who has the best chance to win?
- Bowyer – 91
- Jones – 123
- Logano – 129
- Dale Jr. -303
Preview the Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond
- Perhaps our preview will go with the Playoff discussion???
- James: Kevin Harvick. Dark Horse: Trevor Bayne
- Eric: Denny Hamlin. Dark Horse: Jamie McMurray
Fun announcements for the Playoffs
- We will be doing a fantasy draft!
- Eric and James will each pick 8 playoff drivers.
- The total points earned by a driver will contribute to the team’s total.
- Most points earned wins.
- Eric and James will fill out a bracket for all 10 races.
- Each correct pick is worth 10 points per round for the first three rounds.
- Each correct Homestead Pick is worth 15 points.
- Pick the Champion and you get 20 points.
- Most points win.
– Our listeners can join the fun!
– Make your picks and play along with us.
– Share your picks on our Facebook page
Our first episode of The SuperSpeedway Podcast is live. In this episode we discuss the changes in the 2017 season and make our picks for the 2017 championship. Enjoy, and subscribe on iTunes, Google Play or Soundcloud.
Show Notes for Episode 1:
-Introduction and racing background.
-What to expect going forward.
-2017 Nascar season
-Stage Racing — We’ve seen it a couple times. What do we think?
Article on confusion issue: http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/a-graphical-representation-of-how-confused-people-were-1792805569
-What about the rest of the 2017 changes? Opinions?
-Vegas second race
-Kurt Busch vs Kyle Busch Career Debate? Who’s Better?
-2017 Championship upset — What will be the big upset? Who gets in that isn’t expected? Who doesn’t make it that should?