Recap: First Data 500 from Martinsville Speedway
- Joey Logano takes the win
- Martin Truex Jr. ends up third
- Last lap battle with Truex and Logano
- Joey Logano – WIN
- Kyle Busch +45
- Martin Truex Jr. +25
- Kevin Harvick +25
- Kurt Busch -25
- Chase Elliott -31
- Clint Bowyer -42
- Aric Almirola -50
- Hawg Heaven “Taternater” debuting at Texas this weekend
- Gateway interested in Cup race
- Speaking of Gateway, earlier this week Dave Moody was talking on his show and he made a comment that the schedule is going to look a lot different in 2020, that NASCAR is listening, and that the emphasis on 1.5-mile tracks will be gone.
- Does Dave know what he’s talking about?
- How could NASCAR accomplish this?
- Ally Financial (formerly GMAC) announces it will sponsor Jimmie Johnson for the next two years as the whole season primary sponsor.
- ISC buys Racing Electronics
- Fanatics is leaving NASCAR at the end of the year, six years early
- Was originally a 10-year deal to run through 2024
- Will continue to manage NASCAR’s e-commerce site
- Chevrolet updating the Camaro and Silverado in the Xfinity and Truck Series next season.
Preview: AAA Texas 500 at Texas Motor Speedway
- Eric: Kyle Busch
- James: Chase Elliott
- James: William Byron
- Eric: Trevor Bayne
- Where can we be found on social media?
- James @jameskuch on Twitter
- Eric @TSuperspeedway on Twitter
- Facebook: Facebook.com/TheSuperSpeedway
For more of the podcast: