Recap of the I Love New York 355 at Watkins Glen
- Truex ends the “Can only win on intermediate tracks” debate
- Ryan McGee’s story on Truex: http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/20283660
- Shortest race in the modern era
- Did not have the big moment that this race has had in recent years. Is that OK?
- Overall thoughts on the race?
- Stage racing in road racing – changes strategy a lot — is it still a good thing?
- Winners and losers?
Silly Season Discussion
- Kurt Busch says he has other offers
- Kasey Kahne Released from Hendrick Motorsports: http://www.hendrickmotorsports.com/news/articles/83076/hendrick-motorsports-and-kasey-kahne-to-end-six-year-run
- Will keep the ride through the end of this season
- Has been with Hendrick for six years
- William Byron officially named the driver of the 5 car for 2018: https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-byron-kahne-hendrick-2018-939590/
- Almirola plans to stay at RPM: https://www.frontstretch.com/2017/08/09/beyond-the-cockpit-aric-almirola-relieved-to-be-back-focused-on-his-future/
- Is this the most notable silly season ever?
- NASCAR experimented the last two weeks with qualifying on Sunday. What did we learn?
- Eric is not a fan of Sunday qualifying. IS a fan of Saturday qualifying.
- Watkins Glen doesn’t like late start times:
- Xfinity Series will start using composite bodies later this year: http://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/08/09/xfinity-series-teams-to-have-flange-fit-composite-body-option-in-17-full-time-by-19/
- Richmond, Dover and Phoenix – option for this year
- Full time by 2019
Preview the Pure Michigan 400 at Michigan
- Eric and James covering the race for The SuperSpeedway
- Where we will be during the weekend
- Storylines we want to chase
- MIS is dragging the tires again, but only above the groove, not to the wall: http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/08/08/michigan-seeks-to-widen-groove-in-corners-by-dragging-tires/
- What to expect.
- Larson 3-peat?
- Darrell Wallace secures a 1-race deal in trucks: https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-truck/news/nascar-darrell-wallace-jr-michigan-truck-939682/
- James’ Pick: Chase Elliott
- Dark Horse: Clint Bowyer
- Eric’s Pick: Matt Kenseth
- Dark Horse: Paul Menard
- Eric: Brian Keselowski @KeselowskiBrian
- James: MIS Fan Advisory Board